Thursday, February 23, 2012

Your Great Commision

In the book of John chapter fourteen, I am BLOWN AWAY at how plain and real the text is! I will set up a scene for you: Jesus sits down with his disciples to talk to them. There is extreme pressure among them. They know Jesus is in danger. They have witnessed crucifixions and the torture that accompanies it. They also know that as many fans that their teacher has, he also hasenemies. Can you imagine what was going on in their heads?Jesus gathers them together and begins to speak: “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. Jesus begins to describe these mansions that His Father has where He is going. Can you imagine the real threat of death and bodily harm of your teacher, guide, comforter, Savior and He begins to describe this glorious place He is going to and that you also must do as He does?
The question then becomes in our finite thinking,' if we follow you where you are going do we have to be hung on a cross, flogged, and tortured as well?' Thomas asks for the name and directions to this place and Philip just asks to speak to the owner of the property; God!

Jesus repeats that to know Him is to know the Father. How clear is that? They have walked with the Christ for years, watched Him heal the sick, raise the dead, feed thousands, and love unconditionally, yet at the hint of trouble they seem to reduce who He is! In verse 12 - 13 there is a guarantee from Jesus. {12 I assure you that whoever believes in me will do the works that I do. They will do even greater works than these because I am going to the Father. 13 I will do whatever you ask for in my name, so that the Father can be glorified in the Son. 14 When you ask me for anything in my name, I will do it.} Clearly if you truly believe in Him you will heal the sick, teach the gospel to all, and love people. You will raise the dead and cast out demons too.
You will do things here on earth that is greater than what Jesus did ONLY if you really believe! In turn He will do whatever you ask! WOW! Let that soak in! Over and over I read, "IF you love me"..... Some think they love Him but don't have the full understanding of what it takes to prove it. Your fruit speak about your love; not how much you shout, spin, cry and yell! He said to not just be HEARERS but DOERS of the word!(James 1:22) In verses 14 - 17 the formula is laid before you. 14[Yes] I will grant [I Myself will do for you] whatever you shall ask in My Name [as presenting all that I AM]. 15If you [really] love Me, you will keep and (obey) My commands. 16And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever-- 1st- you Must do what He did! 2ND you will KEEP and OBEY His command(to do what He did)BE CONSISTENT! 3rd- THEN AND ONLY THEN will He go to the Father and ask for the Holy Spirit to come.It seems as if verse 21 could preach in any step-parenting brochure. The Father will love you when He sees how you love His Son!

"The love that you have for the Father is the manifestation of Jesus."-Minister Eloise Person

He promises to manifest Himself to you. Manifest means to be clearly apparent to the sight or understanding; obvious. Not only does He promise to show up; but to MOVE IN! (17)
Verse 27 sent me straight over the edge! 27Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Okay, let's discuss "leaving" and "giving!" I don't know about you, but I would MUCH RATHER someone GIVE me something while they are here than to be left something when they go! Jesus is CLEAR about what He has done here! He left something that anyone can pick up if needed, but to those who LOVE (obey, and keep His word) Him, He GAVE! God didn't leave His son for our sins, He GAVE HIM!


When abiding in the word, please notice the different words that are used in the scriptures. The Word is God breathed and have NO typos in the meanings. It is simple if you look and in all your getting, get understanding.

Remember verse 20- 20At that day(God's appointed time) ye shall know(SEE) that I am IN My Father, and you IN Me, and I IN you. How much better does it get than that? When people see you, they should see HIM(THEM)!


GLORY!!!!


No comments: