Saturday, February 4, 2012

"STONE HIM!"





So, I have been quite quiet about a certain topic involving a certain situation, but now I am going to bust if I don't loose my thoughts. You ready to ride? Okay, let's go! In reading the story of the woman caught in the very act of adultery, the priests, not the common folk drug her to Jesus! They tell Him the law of Moses demands her to be stoned to death and they ask Him what He says do. As he begins to write in the sand, they pressure Him for an answer. Jesus tells them that whoever is without sin, let them be the first to cast a stone. I have heard so many theories about what He wrote, but I liked this one best. I heard a pastor describe Jesus listing the sins of whatever Pharisee was standing over his shoulder looking for permission to stone this lady.


In shock they would back away and leave the crowd, without casting their rock. Oh, how quick we are pointing righteous,and Holy fingers.


Let's look at the case of Jesus. As long as HE was healing the sick, delivering those who were captive, performing miracles and feeding the hungry, everyone praised, followed and loved Him. Why didn't anyone uphold the same principles when it came down to the Christ? When it came time to punish Him, there was NO mercy, no forgiveness and no Savior. They screamed, "Crucify Him!"


He said, "Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.(Matthew 5:17)

Now think personally about the things that are only between you and God. I mean REALLY think about those secret things you know would have sent you to a fiery eternity IF it had not been for GRACE! How many people do you know would scream to kill you now if they knew what you had done? Some of us know beyond a shadow of a doubt that we have ABSOLUTELY NO business having rocks in our possession, much less throwing them!


I dare you to THROW DOWN YOUR ROCK and throw up your hands and remember that we love HIM because He FIRST loved us. (1John 4:19) Remember that we MUST forgive so that He will forgive us!(Col 3:13) When our brother or sister is snared by a sin, we are to restore them gently and humbly and be careful to not do the same. (Gal 6:1)In ALL situations PRAY (Phil 4:6).

My brothers and sisters in Christ, I tell you this......I do not want to miss the call when the horn is sounded and those whom I have accused or scorned are passing me in their way to glory! I hope that you feel the same. This battle is not yours and it NEVER will be!
WRAP YOURSELF IN THE TRUTH WAY AND THE LIGHT! Wrap yourself in the WORD OF GOD! GET WRAPPED UP IN LOVE AND GRACE! I KNOW I AM!!!!




No comments: