Thursday, August 12, 2010

How to Pray


There was a time when I had a really hard time praying to an invisible being. It felt as if I were talking to myself. So I want to encourage you to stand still and KNOW that HE does hear you. When I would get on my knees, a strange thing would occur. I would draw a complete blank. One day in a church I heard someone say,"Start with THANK YOU!" I guarantee that once you begin with that, you may be there in that place for a while and forget that you have burdens and sorrows. Try it with me now:

God I thank you for waking me. I thank you for my family. I thank you for my active sight and hearing(remembering not to take these things lightly!) Thank you for being able to walk, talk, and being in my right mind. Thank you for my friends. Thank you for your Son, who died for me. Thank you for your grace. Thank you for your mercy. Thank you for providing a way. Thank you for food on the table. Thank you for................


Now you fill in what you will.



No comments: